Art hung the wrong way is like someone wearing a bad wig. It is hard not to notice and for a designer, it is really hard not to take it down and place it correctly.
- Eye Level. Art should be hung at eye level. But if you have a really tall husband like I do, you have to specify who’s eye level! Imagine your wall divided vertically into four sections. Counting from the floor, your art should be in the third section.
- Collections. If you are working with a collection, think of the collection as one complete piece.
- Too Small. When art is too small for the space it often gets lost and looses its effect.
- Disconnected. We see this a lot. Art that is not hung at the correct height will look like it is disconnected from the furniture. Keep your art “grounded” to the sofa, table, chair rail, etc.
- Hang art about 57″ from the floor.
- Art should be 6-8″ above the sofa.
- Art should be 1/2 to 2/3 the width of the sofa.
- In collections, the space between pieces should be 2″ apart.
212 W. State Street
Botkins, OH 45306